NORTH CAROLINA — Before you head out on New Year’s Day, be sure to check and see what’s open and closed in the area. Most municipal locations, such as government offices, libraries, schools, banks and the post office will be closed for the holiday, which falls on Wednesday this year.
But many stores like Walmart, Target and CVS will be open. Other stores will be operating on a holiday schedule, and some, like Trader Joe’s, will be closed all day long in celebration of the new year.
Here’s a rundown of what’s open and closed in our region. Before heading out, call ahead just in case.
- CVS: Open
- Rite Aid: Open regular hours.
- Walgreens: Open.
- Dunkin’ Donuts: Many are open both New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day, but hours will vary.
- Starbucks: Many are open, but hours will vary.
- Publix: all stores open regular hours and close at 9 p.m. on New Year’s Eve. On New Year’s Day, many stores will close at 7 p.m., and all pharmacies will be closed.
- Harris Teeter: Open regular hours
- Aldi: Closed New Year’s Day.
- BJ’s Wholesale Club: Open New Year’s Eve 9 a.m. until 7 p.m., and 10 a.m. until 7 p.m. on New Year’s Day.
- Target: Open until 9 p.m.
- The Fresh Market: closes at 8 p.m. New Year’s Eve and closes at 7 p.m. New Year’s Day.
- Trader Joe’s: Closed.
- Walmart: Open regular hours.
- Whole Foods: Open Until 8 p.m. New Year’s Day.
- Costco: Closed New Year’s Day
- Sam’s Club: Closed.